On August 08 2016, I got a call from a lady in Dagenham saying she had a swarm of bees in her tree.
I wasn’t sure and expected a cast swarm the size of a tennis ball (if I was lucky), but the picture she sent me showed a large cluster, so I said I’d come and have a look.
As soon as I got close, I could see this was a swarm that had moved in some weeks before, so I would have to get a full sized brood box to put it in as the swarm box I have in the back of the car wasn’t going to cut it.
So I came back the next day and got it processed. The bees were good natured and even put up with me dropping the last comb after cutting a little too deeply.
Sealed brood was placed into frames and held in with elastic bands. I never saw the queen, but the colony orientated towards the box very quickly.
All in all, uneventful, but thought you might like to see what little footage I managed to get. Alas, the iPhone I used wasn’t behaving itself very well and so the quality isn’t good, but it will give you an idea of what I had to do to relocate these ladies.